The Mission for Improvement and Boosting Organizational Services to the Community (MIBOS) is a Registered Christian Voluntary Non-Governmental Organization.
The organization was initiated in 1998 in the name of the International Good Samaritan Mission. However, to better reflect its name and vision, the organization was changed to Mission for Improvement and Boosting Organizational Services to the community.
Mibos is headquartered in Kigoma, and has its branch offices in Mwanza and Arusha provinces. Mibos is primarily dedicated into the eradication of poverty and development of spiritual services including evangelism and development projects aimed at improving the livelihood of vulnerable people.
MIBOS undertakes and promotes a variety of development projects aimed at improving the livelihood of vulnerable people. Our projects range from health care, income generation, and nutrition improvement, as well as 'capacity building' training to enhance managerial and leadership skills.
We encourage agricultural production and help the community to respond to market demand. MIBOS also aims to ensure food security, and to this end, participates in policy analysis, advocacy, and lobbying. In addition, MIBOS takes part in tree planting in villages and runs environmental conservation activities in 45 villages, including the provision of training for environmental officers and improvement of the water supply.
On a daily basis, MIBOS works with fishermen, farmers, orphans, widows, single mothers and street children as well as people with disabilities.
Our main objectives are:
- To eradicate poverty in the community.
- To improve environment conservation and preservation.
- To promote agriculture of the local community
- To enhance income generating programme for vulnerable population groups.
- To fight against HIV/AIDS and other health diseases.
- To promote education for all (EFA).
Our values are:
- People helping people to walk together.
- Education is a backbone of development.
- No food no life and no land no food.
- Environment is life.
- To serve, strive and never yield.